- Doctor, naturopath,psychotherapist, singer, singing therapist , teacher, choir director
- Founder and director of the ISGT- the Institute of Holistic Voice-work and Singing Therapy
- Since 1986, Carien Wijnen has held countless seminars in Germany and abroad on the healing and strengthening powers of chanting and singing.
- A pioneer in the field of holistic sing therapy, she leads further training courses in voice work and sing therapy.
- Producer of CD's with healing songs and world music.
- Born in the Netherlands in 1956
- Professional training in classical singing in Nijmegen
- Studied medicine in Nijmegen and Berlin, qualified as a medical doctor
- Focus of studies: naturopathy and psychosomatic medicine
- Worked as a doctor in a psychiatric clinic
- Professional training in naturopathy: 3-year full-time training in classical homeopathy, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, phytotherapy, massage ( classical massage, shiatsu), astromedicine etcetera
- Further training in psychtherapy, breathing therapy, body therapies, energy medicine, theory of breathing types, overtone singing, conducting choirs, circle dancing, improvisation, yodeling etcetera
- Teacher of anatomy, physiology, foot reflexology
- Performances as a singer ( jazz, classical, sing-along concerts)and conductor ( women’s choir “Chorabella”)
- Own record label: Rainbow Woman Productions, production and distribution of 7 CDs with healing songs and world music
- Founded the ISGT, the Institute for Holistic Voice-work and Sing Therapy in Berlin in 2004. Leads further training courses
- Teaches in many different further training institutes
- Leads sing-along concerts and performs as a soloist